A Practical Approach To Mitigating School Shooter Tragedies
May 03, 2023
In a recent article by CNN, they reported on FBI findings, "The US in 2022 saw the highest number of 'active shooter' casualties - deaths or injuries - of the past 5 years."
“Still fresh in the collective memory are the notable tragedies of Uvalde and Highland Park, which took the lives of dozens of precious children. While thoughts and prayers thankfully have not been in short supply and can help in soothing the afflicted, there are unsung heroes working on solutions to this complex issue,” comments Elias Campos, VP of Marketing for Horton Pedestrian Access Solutions.
27 April 2023 ~ The goal of Won-Door Corporation (one of four Horton Pedestrian Access Solutions brands) is to work with schools and universities across the nation to help mitigate these tragedies using remote-deployable security doors that also prevent the spread of fire.
Using Won-Doors helps minimize the visual impact of the added security in schools and at the same time creates a safe, open environment that is conducive to learning, while providing much-needed fire and security protection. Features of this effective security solution include:
- Access Controls: Limits access afterhours or in emergencies at the push of a button. Connects to external peripheral devices such as a keypad, card reader or fingerprint authentication device. Blocks sight lines and keeps out unwanted intruders.
- High speed closing options: Compartmentalizes and hardens buildings in seconds while still meeting ADA requirements and allowing for safe and secure passageway.
- Shut and lock corridors with a push of a button.
- Cost Effective – Minimizes costs by allowing for security on fire doors. Increases leasable space, integrates with existing systems, replaces costly fire-rated glass and lowers maintenance costs, providing larger more opens spaces for less.
- Retrofit: Provides the same protection levels on both existing and new construction that fits the unique design of your facility without interrupting the school season.
It is a time in our country’s history that we would never want to have to think about, but it is unfortunately everyone’s reality. As a Won-Door solution provider, Door Services branch locations and Won-Door Corporation want to help protect students and staff. With Won-Doors, schools can have a new first line of defense against intruders and even fires.
Media Contact: Krista Rivers, Marketing Specialist, email@example.com
ABOUT DOOR SERVICES CORPORATION
Your expert partner for pedestrian door service and installation, our company was built on quality products and long-term customer partnerships. We are a member of the American Association of Automatic Door Manufacturers. Our AAADM certified technicians have over 50 years of product knowledge. We service and repair all doors and windows models of all automatic door manufacturers.
24/7 emergency service is available to meet your after hour needs in our designated coverage areas:
- Advanced Door Automation services North Carolina and east to the coastal regions
- Advanced Door Service services Eastern Pennsylvania, Baltimore, DC, Virginia and Georgia
- Keystone Automatic Door Enterprises services Northern Pennsylvania
- Allegheny Door Enterprises services Western Pennsylvania
- Automatic Door Enterprises services Lansdale, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas
- Del-Mar Door Service services Delaware
- Door Controls services Louisiana
- Door Control, Inc. services Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Northeast New York
- Door Concepts, Inc. services Rhode Island and Eastern Massachusetts
- Eastern Door Service services greater New Jersey area
- Texas Access Controls services Dallas, Houston, Austin and Corpus Christi, Texas areas
- Horton Automatics of Ontario services Ottawa Valley and Southern Ontario, Canada