Won-Door Maintenance & Inspections Can Help Protect Against Fire & Security Breaches
May 16, 2022
You have a Won-Door in your building, but did you know they are to be tested quarterly and should receive routine maintenance at least once a year?
Won-Door, with its rapid closing horizontal sliding fire doors, uses the latest innovations in technology, and works in conjunction with cameras and building security systems, to provide facilities with a new level of protection for occupants.
At the push of a button, the doors can close the building down within seconds to protect everyone, keeping out all hostile threats.
Fire Protection & Security
Won-Door has been a leader in helping solve complex fire protection and security needs for more than 60 years. With hundreds of thousands of products in schools, hospitals, high-rises, and other landmark structures, Won-Door has helped aid fire marshals and local authorities in solving many multifaceted problems. Protecting from fire and intrusion, while providing needed access and control.
Because Won-Doors are such an important part of the fire and safety equipment in a building, it is of utmost importance to keep them properly maintained so that they are working at optimum efficiency.
The development of the accordion type, horizontal sliding fire door has had a profound influence on the model code requirements that regulate their use.
According to NFPA 80 inspection codes:
- End User is responsible for making sure quarterly inspection & maintenance program is being followed
- Annually a qualified Individual shall inspect and document inspection. (NFPA80 188.8.131.52)
- Individuals performing the service shall provide proof of qualifications to the facility prior to performing work
- Doors are of no value unless they are properly maintained and closed or able to close at the time of fire.
Quarterly maintenance should include the following:
- Make sure the door properly opens and closes all of the way
- When it is closed, make sure it fully seals inside the track
- Test the ‘Push to Open’ button and make sure it fully opens. The door should have a minimum of 36 inches clear when open.
- When the smoke detectors in alarm, the door should close fully.
- When closing the door, test the sensor to make sure the door stops. This will prevent the door from hurting anyone
- While the door is moving open or closed, make sure to check the seals at the bottom, check for tears. This is very important since these seals protect your building from fire!
- Check all of the components in the back (while the door is pulled away from the wall). Get a ladder and make sure the chain and gears are oiled in the back. Lithium chain oil is what should be used on the chain and gears.
- Check the battery operation – this must be done quarterly to make sure the door is fully operational.
There are door companies that may say that they can provide maintenance on your Won-Door, but why gamble with your investment choosing a company without the authorization of the manufacturer? All of our Door Services branches have the training and the backing of the Won-Door Corporation to be your official Factory-Authorized Service and Maintenance team.
When you need to make a repair or perform your annual scheduled maintenance, we are here to help. Our skilled team can perform factory-authorized certified Won-Door maintenance in various locations throughout the US and Canada.
As your Certified Won-Door Planned Maintenance dealer, we have the training and experience to perform all maintenance tasks needed to ensure the longevity of your Won-Door products. Rather than waiting for problems to happen, it is always recommended to have your doors maintained at least once a year.
The keys to minimizing repairs on Won-Door accordion doors are proper installation and routine preventive maintenance. A Won-Door folding partition is designed for maximum flexibility and resilience enabling it to withstand shock and abuse. Fewer moving parts greatly reduce the chance of damage or failure. Under normal operating conditions an extended lifespan is assured. With proper planned maintenance, you can enjoy ease of operation for many years to come.
Contact Us for Won-Door Service and/or Planned Maintenance Options today!
Some of the General Repairs and Maintenance Done by Our Certified Won-Door Service Team
|- Repairs Due to Bottom Sweep Binding or Panels Touching Floor Trimming Sweep Strips||- Drive Chain Adjustment|
|- Broken Roller or Damaged Parts||- Diagrams Panel and Parts Assembly|
|- Damaged Pins||- Lead Post Details|
|- Roller Replacement||- Motor Operator Details|
|- Panel Replacement||- Track Separation From Header|
|- Sagging Half Panels||- Header Adjustment|
|- Lead Posts Lead Post Trolleys||- Field Cutting of Folding Partitions|
|- Miscellaneous Repairs and Adjustments||- Dividing door into sections and hinge removal|
|- Lead Post Striker||- Sweep replacement and maintenance|
|- Fiberglass or Liner Repair||- Partition hanging|
|- Lubrication||- Replacing hinges|
|- Motor Operated Partitions Motor Lubrication||- Attaching wall jambs|
|- Limit Switch||- Track Repair Track Obstructions|
ABOUT DOOR SERVICES CORPORATION
Your expert partner for pedestrian door service and installation, our company was built on quality products and long-term customer partnerships. We are a member of the American Association of Automatic Door Manufacturers. Our AAADM certified technicians have over 50 years of product knowledge. We service and repair all doors and windows models of all automatic door manufacturers.
24/7 emergency service is available to meet your after hour needs in our designated coverage areas:
- Advanced Door Automation services North Carolina and east to the coastal regions
- Advanced Door Service services Eastern Pennsylvania, Baltimore, DC, Virginia and Georgia
- Keystone Automatic Door Enterprises services Northern Pennsylvania
- Allegheny Door Enterprises services Western Pennsylvania
- Automatic Door Enterprises services Lansdale, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas
- Del-Mar Door Service services Delaware
- Door Controls services Louisiana
- Door Control, Inc. services Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Northeast New York
- Door Concepts, Inc. services Rhode Island and Eastern Massachusetts
- Eastern Door Service services greater New Jersey area
- Texas Access Controls services Dallas, Houston, Austin and Corpus Christi, Texas areas
- Horton Automatics of Ontario services Ottawa Valley and Southern Ontario, Canada