Commercial Door Servicing Guide
This Guide contains everything you need to know to keep your Automatic Doors functioning safely and efficiently!
A malfunction of a commercial door in your building can completely disrupt all traffic, especially if it’s an automatic front door. As a Facility Manager you will want to prevent issues as much as possible, and make sure that any failures get fixed as quickly as possible. Below we share all the resources you need to keep your Automatic Doors functioning without fail.
- Why Automatic Door Maintenance Matters
- Preventative Maintenance Checklist
- Safety Checklist for Automatic Doors
- Preventative Maintenance Agreements Can Save Your Business 25% or More
- Summer Maintenance for Your Automatic Doors
- A Clear Path and Track for Winter Operations
- How to Keep Your Revolving Door Sensors Error-Free
Even with the best maintenance, your door may break down due to an accident or by wear-and-tear. In the event of damage or malfunction of your commercial door you will want to have it repaired as quickly as possible! Below is a list of resources to help you with the most common problems.
There are many design standards and requirements that must be followed when installing or upgrading pedestrian doors. Here is an overview of the various regulations and codes that are relevant for automatic doors.
- ANSI Standards for Automatic Door Signage
- Safety Checklist for your Automatic Door
- Benefits of Using AAADM Inspectors
Perfomance standards for locks, closers, exit devices and other builders hardware by the Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA®) - ANSI / Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) Standards
- Code Compliance and Test Reports by Horton Automatics
- Doorway Size Requirements for Wheelchairs
Facility Managers should be aware of The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Accessible Design - Understanding ADA Accessibility Requirements for Doors